Do you know the right way to use wire rope for rotary drilling rig? Today's idea for you are the matters needing attention in the use of wire rope for rotary drilling rigs. Let's have a look.
1. Unwinding: Correct methods should be adopted to prevent wire rope from twisting. In addition, we should pay attention not to make the surface of the wire rope covered with sand, so as to avoid worsening the wear and tear, affecting the service life of the wire rope.
Figure 1: Correct wire rope release
Figure 2: Wrong wire rope release
2. Binding: If the whole wire rope needs to be cut off when using, the end should be tied or fused according to Figure 3.
3. Twisting and winding: Choosing the twisting direction of the wire rope should make the winding mode of the wire rope at the bottom of the drum accord with Figure 4.
When the wire rope is winded on the drum, it should be arranged neatly and not winded in disorder. Otherwise, it will cause serious squeezing and crushing in the work of the wire rope, which will affect the service life of the wire rope.
4. Use: The new rope must be "run-in" under light load at the initial stage of use. This can improve the service life of wire rope. In use, too much impact load should also be avoided to cause damage to the wire rope. In use, special attention should be paid to accurately calculating the distance in the process of drilling, and excessive rope laying should not be allowed to prevent the structural damage caused by the wire rope winding in the state of relaxation and the whole wire rope being scrapped.
In use, special attention should be paid to accurately calculating the distance in the process of drilling, and excessive rope laying should not be allowed to prevent the structural damage caused by the wire rope winding in the state of relaxation and the whole wire rope being scrapped. As shown in Figure 5.
For multi-layer winding equipment, it is inevitable that wire rope bites in use. It is suggested that the "biting rope" part should be inspected regularly in use, and lubrication should be strengthened, or the drum should be polished to reduce the influence of "biting rope" on the wire rope. As shown in Figure 6.
5. Wire breakage treatment: When wire breakage still needs to be used, wire breakage should be treated in time (see figure 7). The head of the broken wire can be clamped with wire pliers and bent repeatedly until the broken wire is broken. After such treatment, the broken ends of the steel wire will be clamped between the strands, which will not cause harm to the use of the steel wire rope. When the number of broken wires within a twist reaches 10% of the total number of outer steel wires, the wire rope must be replaced.
6. Pilot management: Pilot is a key part in the use process, and it is a key part to maintain the stability of wire rope structure (see figure 8). Keep the lifter clean and flexible at all times.
7. Suggestion: Because the working mode of wire rope of rotary drilling rig belongs to single rope lifting, that is, there is a free rotating end in the work of wire rope. Considering the safety and convenience of operation, anti-rotating wire rope should be preferred when choosing and purchasing wire rope.